Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things: Blogs

As stated in my last post I have been trying to weed out the things in my life that take away more than add. This is especially true for my blog reading cause, boy can I ever get sucked in. I can have 20 tabs open if I'm not careful; just exploring new blogs. Let's be fair though-- visiting and commenting on new blogs can be fun and even good for your own blog. For myself I have come up with a few simple ways to help me decide if they are a keeper of if I'll throw them back into the sea that is the world wide web.

Tips on Keeping You Blog Roll Simple: 

 - Chances are if you fall in love with one, you'll fall in love with their sponsor! Beware. This is how I got hooked the last time..lol That being said it's how I have found some of the best blogs that I feel cater to my life at this time, so go me!!

- Once I found one that has convinced me that we were friends in a past life, or something equally as embarrassing I save them to my bookmarks banner. Easy access ya know.

- If after commenting on a few of their posts and they are sweet enough to take the time and visit mine and comment as well...Well, duh, they are officially a keeper.

- This last tip is the easiest one-- if they keep you coming back for more, give up. You are hooked my friend. Like a fish on a line! I usually give them about a week to a week and a half depending on how frequently they post.

Current Top 5 Favorite Blogs: 

 1.


{via}
  La Famille is all about...family. Alicia is a mother of 3 and home school super hero! She posts about life, family, and has the best sense of humor! She runs a great Etsy shop and once you learn about The Happy Day Project you will return not once or twice, but dozens of times. {Is my hook showing?}

 

2.

{via}
The Simply Luxurious Life is one of my most recent obsessions. Shannon runs a clean site filled with great photos {thank you pinterest}, but more importantly great words. Her posts always stay with me throughout the remainder of the day as they are smart, practical, and forward thinking. Her "Why Not..." series is my absolute favorite.They include questions from Why not....stop competing with others, to Why not...Invest in your dreams? Great stuff, really!

3.

{via}  
So TJ runs this blog and when you stop by you will know why His Little Lady is on the list. She is a Peeta fan and in my book, well that's just enough. Her little notes are so cute and always levels with her readers. I love that! Her readers are loyal gals...we are talking upwards of 70 comments daily. {oi!} And she's nice enough to stop by Her Eclectic Life and leave some love. Awesome!

4.

{via}
Brunch at Saks? Yes please? Who wants to meet me? This fun lifestyle blog is run by Annemarie out in LA. She focuses mainly on fashion, home decor, and entertainment....just a few of my favorite things. You wouldn't believe some of the things she finds or the people she meets. Guess that's Hollywood for ya. I wouldn't know though, I'm an east coast gal!!

5.

{via} 
Reviving the charming arts of Etiquette. I absolutely adore this! I mean the whole things really just sounds like a reading a book while floating on a cloud or something. Honestly though...in a world that gets to wrapped up in technology I think sometimes we forget how to interact with others, let alone properly. Anastasia provides excellent tips to help with this. She also does great old Hollywood celeb spotlights that I just can't get enough of  as well as a "best dressed of the week" poll for fashion which is fun if you are into that kind of thing. Which; I am.

Well that about raps it up here for this edition of A Few of My Favorite Things. I hope you take a peek at some of these blogs. I promise you won't regret it. These women provide me with great inspiration for my life and I hope they will do the same for you. So thanks. What are some of your favorite blogs that you read all the time. Share them with me in the comments section so I can check them out too.

xO- Etheline

{I should also mention if any photos have been used in an unpleasing manner I apologize. Let me know and I will remove them immediately. I'm still very much trying to get the hang of this all. Thanks in advance for understanding}

1 comment:

  1. aw, thanks for the little shout out, girl. you are just so sweet! and of course, i absolutely adore your blog too ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete